Michael L. Isaacs, J.D., founder and president of Star Consulting for the past twenty years, serves as director and consultant to corporations and associations. He works directly with board members and senior leadership with an expertise in building vibrant organizations that are strong and well positioned to adapt to changing times.
With his extensive management background and experience, Michael is known for his organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as his integrity and dedication to excellence. He has worked with groups in a variety of fields including legal, medical, library science, finance, hospitality, foodservice, home improvement, sports, and convention centers.
Michael presently directs the Joint Patent Practice Seminar, the largest continuing legal education program in intellectual property law in New York City. He manages the Honorable William C. Conner Inn of Court, a legal organization comprised of federal judges and attorneys. He is also director of the Metro Group, an organization of the largest foodservice corporations in the nation, focusing on credit and financial transactions.
Michael has helped some of the largest organizations in their fields by:
- Developing strategies and marketing plans
- Managing multi-million-dollar budgets
- Developing and administering conventions and programs with promotion and publications
- Developing sponsorship programs
- Working with association presidents, board members, committees, and staff
- Setting up and running scholarship foundations
Michael has served as director of the largest regional intellectual property law association in the United States. This year, in 2010, he was honored with the President’s Award for Outstanding Service from that organization. For over ten years, he directed the association’s growth in programs, membership, visibility, and prestige. In addition to the points above, he also managed:
- Continuing legal education, including CLE Accredited Provider compliance
- Membership development and membership databases
- Financial systems and procedures
- Dinners, events and programs, including the largest single dinner event at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City
Michael comes from a background in law. He graduated from Cornell Law School, and he practiced real estate and corporate law in New York City. In his pursuit of advanced training and development, Michael trained with the Tavistock Institute (based in London) which focuses on organizational dynamics and how individuals function within an organization; with Outward Bound Wilderness Survival Schools on team building and overcoming organizational challenges; and with a global program initiated at Harvard Law School on organizational management.
Throughout his career, Michael has been dedicated to building vibrant and energetic organizations, of all sizes, that can succeed in reaching their goals and beyond.